90 30 Chess Tournaments
NOTE: THIS PAGE IS FROM A PAST SEASON SEASON 1
... TO GO TO CURRENT SEASON SEASON , CLICK HERE
"90m30s.org" provides competition to internet chess players who like slow time controls,
on the premier place to play chess on the net, the Internet Chess Club (ICC).
Season 1 - started 23 August 2022
- 90m30s.org is the club for players at ICC who would like to practice and feel the atmosphere of the Classical 90m+30s time control chess game.
- We are affiliated with TEAM 45 45 team4545league.org (who also use ICC)
- We will regularly organize an Individual Open Swiss system tournament, during the period of intermission (6 weeks) between the end of Rd-6 of the current Team 4545 season and the beginning of Rd-1 of the next Team 4545 season.
- Date/ Time to play in each Round is : by negotiation between the two players (similar to Team 4545). ICC messaging is used for this.
- The Tourney will be 4 rounds, with a time span of 2 weeks for each Round, so you will have 14 days to negotiate the date/time and play the game with your opponent in any particular Round.
- Depending on the number of participants, we might have 1 Section only, or divide it into 2 Sections (or possible 3 Sections) based on Rating Category.
- Considering that Aug 23rd will be the end date of Round-6 of the current season (T93) and Oct 11th will be the start date of Rd-1 of next season (T94),
The 1st Tourney of 90m+30s will start on Aug 23rd and will end at Oct 17.
Round 1 : Aug 23 - Sep 05
Round 2 : Sep 06 - Sep 19
Round 3 : Sep 20 - Oct 03
Round 4 : Oct 04 - Oct 17
- For anyone who would like to join, please send ICC message to "fhunfi" with text
"Please add me to Individual Open Swiss system 90m+30s (Aug 23 - Oct 17)"
- then we will add you to the list of participants & will send you further announcement after The pairing of Rd-1 is generated.
Anyone can ASK / REQUEST BYE in any round, and 0.5 points will be given ( for 1 time only).
- For next ASK / REQUEST BYE, it is 0 point.
- For ASK / REQUEST BYE in last round, it is 0 point.
It is very much Preferable & Suggested to ASK / REQUEST BYE before a new round pairing is generated, instead of a forfeit lose.
When pairings are odd, 1 point BYE will be given to a player selected by System.
Anyone can LATE_JOIN at Rd-2 and will be given a 0.5 starting point.
For Rd-3 and Rd-4 LATE_JOIN there will be no 0.5 starting point given.
3 months ICC Membership Extension for the Winner of Upper Section
2 months ICC Membership Extension for the Winner of Lower Section
Two Random picks at the end of the tourney for those who played who finish the tourney but didn't win a Place or Under Prize:
- One Draw for a "Free Video from ICC
- One Draw for "1 Month ICC Membership Extension"
Special 3 months ICC Membership Extension to all ICC existing members who finish the tourney
and 2 months to new ICC players who do the same.
A player who forfeit in the last Round without ASK/ REQUEST BYE means they did not finish the tourney.
|PLAYING THE 90 30 CHESS GAME
In a Classical 90m+30s chess game, both players start with 90 minutes each at the beginning of the chess game, and then, each time a player moves, that player gets an additional 30 seconds added on to their time (this is called an 'increment')
- Note : In 90m+30s time control game, you must be ready to allocate 4 hours of time, assuming that both players use almost all their time, plus 30s increment.